A COVID-19 vaccination event is being held on Saturday, January 2, at the Bledsoe County Health Department from 8:30 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. while supplies last. Please note, this event is open to only those qualifying under phases 1a1 and 1a2 as defined (below) by Tennessee Department of Health (TDH) guidelines and individuals 75 and older.
Those who are in groups 1a1 and 1a2 are asked to bring either their agency identification or a copy of their license from TDH for verification, according to TDH Southeast Region Public Information Officer Amanda Goodhard.
Goodhard added for Saturday, there is no need to make an appointment, but vaccinations will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If a qualifying individual cannot make it to the event or the Health Department runs out of vaccine, they can call the Health Department on Monday, January 4, to make an appointment at 423-447-2149. The BCHD is located at 1185 Alvin York Highway, Pikeville.
PHASE 1a1 AND 1a2
Phase 1a1: Health Care, Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCF), First Responders
- Hospital/Free-Standing Emergency Department Staff with Direct Patient Exposure and/or Exposure to Potentially-Infectious Materials
- Home health care staff
- COVID-19 mass testing site staff
- Student health providers
- Staff and residents of LTCF, including Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Centers, Homes for the Aged, DIDD Residential Centers, and Group Homes
- First Responders with Direct Public Exposure
- Individuals 18-years-old or older who cannot live independently due to serious chronic medical conditions or intellectual or developmental disabilities
Phase 1a2: Out-Patient Health Care (Other health care workers with direct patient exposure)
- Primary care providers and staff
- Outpatient specialty providers and staff working with acute patients
- Pharmacists and staff
- Patient transport
- Outpatient therapists
- Urgent visit center providers and staff
- Environmental services
- Oral health providers
- Behavioral health providers
- Outpatient laboratory staff working with COVID-19 specimens
- Funeral/mortuary workers with direct decedent contact
For more on the vaccination phases, follow us on Facebook, visit thebledsonian-banner.com and see the January 7 issue of The Bledsonian-Banner.