UPDATE: Bledsoe County Schools are closed until April 6, according to Director of Schools Jennifer Terry. Meals will be offered to students at the following locations and dates:
- March 17 – 20, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the following locations: Pikeville Elementary, Wheeler Elementary and Rigsby Elementary.
- March 23 – 27, Spring Break – No meal services.
- March 31 thru April 3, 2020: Times and locations for meal pickup will be posted later, Terry said. Parents and guardians will be asked to drive-thru at the mentioned locations to receive the meals. No one will be allowed to exit the vehicle.
- First Southern Baptist Church will be providing Snack Packs to children 18 years old and younger at all Bledsoe County Volunteer Fire Departments on Fridays during the school closure. Delivery times will be 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. The church also has a food pantry available to families: Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Morgan Brothers BBQ is offering a hot lunch for children in need this week and next. Contact them at 447-6423 or through a private Facebook message and they will do their best to accommodate so no child goes hungry.
ORIGINAL STORY: Bledsoe County Schools will be closed until March 30 out of an abundance of caution due to COVID-19 concerns, according to Director of Schools Jennifer Terry. The week of March 23 was already scheduled for Spring Break.
“In a preemptive attempt to slow the spread of the virus ALL school activities will be cancelled during this two week period,” Director Terry said. “We will continue to monitor this fluid situation and provide updates as they become available.”
For more, see the March 19 issue of The Bledsonian-Banner.